I'm not going to sugar coat it - its been a tough week.
So when Foodbuzz decided to have a Top 9 takeover in honor of the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, I thought it would be a great way to cheer my husband up and myself for that matter. So as I worked all week I thought about what my ultimate banana split would include.
Folks this decision was like the Sophie's Choice of the dessert realm. You have to choose or its just a big mess. But there are too many great things you can put on a banana split.
So I bring you the breakdown of my Pistachio & Cherry Banana Split with Nutella Sauce
- In the ice cream category the winner by a landslide is Pistachio gelato. No contest.
- Bananas - ok another no contest
- In the sauce category I decided to make a Nutella sauce. Yes, there is fudge sauce, strawberry sauce but Nutella is....well let's just say I'm obsessed and move on.
- In the fruit category I decided to add fresh cherries. Maraschinos need not apply.
- And lastly I topped it with whipped cream and walnuts.
Looking at this banana split warmed my heart and cheered me up. And I'm glad the Foodbuzz community is joining in because for every banana split that is submitted, they will donate $50 to the Ovarian Cancer Fund.
1/4 cup nutella
3-4 tbsp heavy cream
Place both ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds. Take out and stir to incorporate. Mixture should have a sauce-like consistency.